YOUR PRIVACY IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO US
Your privacy and the safeguarding and security of your credit card information is important to us. We do not sell your information to any party, period. We also do not store your credit card details in our system or on our site.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information" is any information about you which is capable of identifying you. By using this site you consent to the collection and use of personal information by Ecater.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and use the following personal information about you: •Personal information or information from optional surveys we may ask you to complete. Personal information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes personal information provided at the time of registering to use our site including your full name, full street address including city, state, post code, telephone numbers and email address and online password. We may also ask you for personal information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Personal information if you contact us or if you send us an email.
- Personal information if you submit a message or feedback form or provide feedback voluntarily to us
- Personal information or information from optional surveys we may ask you to complete
- Details of transactions you enter into through our site and as a result of the fulfillment of your orders
- Details about the cafes and service’s you order from
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
The personal information collected remains the property and ownership of eCater.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information about you collected and stored in our customer and member database may be used in the following ways:
- to easily and quickly access our online ordering system;
- to make processing your order quicker and easier the next time you use our service;
- to provide a full history for your eCater use at any time;
- to improve our services and upgrade the eCater website;
- to provide to our Cafe owners and service providers aggregate and general information in order to provide monthly best seller and other statistical reporting information so that they can improve their businesses, offers and services to you;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for marketing purposes including:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to receive emails or notices from us covering Cafe Specials, Loyalty Program Updates or general promotional information;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- for research purposes;
- to contact you or respond to a message or email;
- to send to you information you request; or
- for any other related purpose you would reasonably expect
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose which it is collected and for related purposes that we consider are within your reasonable expectations. Otherwise, we will seek your consent prior to using or disclosing your personal information for another purpose, unless required or permitted by law to do so without first seeking your permission. We will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information upon your request or once it is no longer required.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
Your information is protected via the password you provide.In order to maintain this protection, we advise you to keep your password confidential and not to provide your password to anyone. Ecater will not provide your password to anyone.
IP ADDRESSES & COOKIES
Our website server automatically collects certain information when you visit our website, including where available, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, and details of data downloaded from our server. Although in some circumstances, it may be possible to identify you from this information, we do not attempt to use this information for that purpose. This information is used for system administration, statistical analysis, to report aggregate information to our advertisers and similar related purposes.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
We do not use data returned to our server from cookies stored on your computer for the purpose of tracking accesses by individuals to our website.
HOW WE STORE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
All personal information provided to us is stored electronically in our databases. When receiving cardholder information via our website your data is secured via a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) of 128-bit encryption. Firewalls control access to our servers. We may use "cookies" to store your preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our Web pages. We collect information on the Web pages visited by our customers in order to help us to continue improving our services.
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia. It may also be processed by staff operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site. However, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We do not accept any liability for unauthorised access to any personal information transmitted to our site.
DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
Ecater may disclose your personal information to any member of our group including our subsidiaries, holding company and its subsidiaries. Ecater may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- to our cafe members and providers for the purpose of fulfilling your order;
- to our cafe members and providers for marketing purposes;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if eCater or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- or to protect the rights, property or safety of Ecater , our customers or others.
Ecater member cafes and providers can access their own customer information at any time, however promotional communications regarding special offers or service updates will only be generated through our system, not directly from a cafe member. In this regard you always have the option to take yourself off the communication update list.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
If you do not wish to receive emails , notices or marketing material from us or permit selected third parties to use your personal information, please tick the relevant box situated on the form used to collect your personal information.
You are able to update your preferences at any time online or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We recommend that you review these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may contact us to request access to your personal information pursuant to the Privacy Act.
If you satisfy us that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please email us at email@example.com
and we will amend our records accordingly.
Alternatively, you are able to update your personal information and/or preferences at any time online.
QUESTIONS OR FEEDBACK
If you have any questions about:
- our website, operations or general business,
- the way we may use and handle your personal information, or
- if you believe that a breach of this policy may have occurred,
please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1300ECATER (1300 322837)
Our full contact details are available at the Contact Us section of our website.
eCater Pty Ltd
ACN: 127 050 953
Level 8, 217 Clarence St
Sydney NSW 2000